Faxehus was built after J.C. Jacobsen's drawing.



In 1876, Faxehus was built based on the concept and drawings of brewer J.C. Jacobsen.

The building was originally intended as a residence for Erhard Ursin Kogsbølle (1833-1906), who in 1871 had become the brewer’s partner. Kogsbølle, a trained pharmacist, was taken on by Carlsberg in 1856.

The building was located in Gl. Carlsbergvej opposite the main entrance to the brewery, and over the years it has been the home of a large number of senior Carlsberg employees.

The name of the house, Faxehus, can be attributed to the Faxe limestone that was used to clad the building’s facade. Since it was built, the house has undergone various modifications to meet the needs of the day and the wishes of the residents. In 1934, for example, a conservatory was added.

Faxehus today

In 1982, Carlsberg obtained permission to discontinue using Faxehus as a residential property. During 1983, it was instead fitted out as offices, and in 1985 the building was converted to meeting rooms for, among others, Carlsberg’s Executive Committee.

Since 1 January 2017, Faxehus has been owned by the Carlsberg Foundation and rented out for business purposes.